Our school mission statement
We aim to provide a welcoming, secure environment where children enjoy learning and make the most of the opportunities available to them. The Christian values of family, friendship, partnership, inclusiveness and mutual support will be sustained through the daily life of the school and its regular acts of worship. The promotion of these values will expand through home-school links and involvement with the wider community and the Diocese of Ely.
The school’s intention is to nurture well motivated, confident children who are literate, numerate, creative and questioning, with the ability to show and take initiative and communicate effectively with others.
The school aims to serve the families of this and neighbouring villages by providing education of the highest quality. Within the context of Christian belief and practice, the school works to achieve the fullest possible intellectual, physical, spiritual and social development of each child so that firm foundations are laid for secondary school and adult life.
- Challenging all children to reach their full potential
- Promoting a love of learning
- Working within our school and wider community to form a partnership of learning
- Encouraging children to become morally responsible and to make a positive contribution to society
- Encouraging children to stay safe and to be healthy
- Building self esteem to enable children to become independent and confident individuals
- Establishing what learners already know and building on it as active partners
- Encouraging children to be effective independent learners
- Developing spiritual awareness